Since 1987 we’ve been designing and building conservatories in Bury St Edmunds, Stowmarket and the surrounding areas. With so many years experience both designing and building conservatories, we can help to you add a practical living space to your home. You can rely upon us to guide you through the whole process from start to finish.
Over the past 30 years conservatory design and construction has moved along at a very fast pace. By combining the latest technologies in materials with modern building practices we can create a room you can use all year round. How often have you heard someone complain that their conservatory is too hot in the summer and cold in the winter? It doesn’t have to be this way. When we design a conservatory we consider all aspects of the build and then suggest the best options for each individual project.
We provide a full in house design and planning service. Using the latest CAD software we are able to create a realistic picture of your new conservatory and then superimpose it onto a picture of your property, that way you can see exactly how the finished structure will appear before you commit to anything. So call us to arrange a free consultation and no obligation quotation.
Double hipped conservatory with Global summer room internal pelmet system.
Edwardian styled conservatory
Lean to with extended roof
Hipped roof conservatory
Supalite solid roof
Bring the outside inside
Period Orangery Style Conservatory
Above you can see a slide show detailing a just a few examples of our work and at the bottom of this page a more comprehensive gallery.
If you’d like to see more examples of our work and have us design a conservatory just for you please email or call us to arrange an appointment.
We hope you can see from these images that we at Langley’s conservatories and windows take great pride in our work.
With over 30 years experience we feel confident in being able to tailor a conservatory to suit your needs.
Below we have listed some of the key areas we believe you should consider when designing a conservatory.
Doing this will provide you with a room you are happy to use year round making it a very worthwhile addition to any home
In-house Design Service:
It is sometimes difficult to picture your ideal conservatory. Let Langleys conservatories and windows help design a conservatory specifically to suit your needs, using our market-leading software.
When we make our first visit to your property we will take measurements and photographs in order to prepare our design or designs.
With our software, we can then produce a number of reports showing your conservatory inside and out from a number of different angles.
Even better still we can superimpose the image onto a photograph of your property. It is as close as you can get to seeing the real thing without having it built first. At Langley’s conservatories and windows, we want you to be sure you end up with the job you’re hoping for and this makes that all the more likely. Below is a series of images showing the kind of reports we will produce:
When designing your conservatory there are a number of things you may want to think about in order to end up with a space that meets your needs. We’ve listed just a few points below that you may want to consider?
These are just a few of the many points you will need to consider when building your conservatory. Should you have us undertake your installation we can guide you through this process, having done it many many times before.
Where will it be situated in relation to the direction of the Sun?
If it is south facing, for example, you will need to make provision for controlling the heat build up.
What will you be using the space for? As an example, if you are considering having a dining table and chairs in the new conservatory, be sure to allow enough room! You would be
- As an example, if you’re considering having a dining table and chairs in the new conservatory, be sure to allow enough room!
- You would be surprised just how much space it will take up!
- Remember that the external dimensions of the conservatory are very different to the internal floor area!
Do you want some high-level wall space?
- In many of our conservatories we will vary the wall heights.
- Very often along a boundary with your neighbour it makes sense to have a full height wall, this gives an area for shelving, tall side boards etc.
- The alternative being to have a low-level wall that looks straight on to a fence! Not a great view and a waste of space in our opinion.
- Not a great view and a waste of space in our opinion.
How will you heat the conservatory?
Although it is true that when the sun shines directly onto the conservatory it will require very little heating, even in winter, it will still need an efficient heat source.
We will look at each case individually and offer our advice.
How will it look?
- This may sound an obvious question, but how the conservatory looks on your property is very important.
- We’re able to take pictures of your property and then using our specialist CAD software we can superimpose the conservatory onto the picture so you can see how it looks before it is built.
Does it require planning or building control permission?
- Although in many cases a conservatory does not require either, in some it will!
- Be very careful that you look into this before going ahead with anyone because as the homeowner you would ultimately be responsible for any breaches.
- We offer a full planning and building control service to our customers. Or, if you wish to submit your own Planning Application, links provided below.